Click here for The Aorangi Constitution
Aorangi Lodge Rules
- No one under 5 except at Ohakune lodge. See booking rules.
- All junior and child members must be under the care of a parent or senior sponsor while staying in the lodge. The booking officer will not find a sponsor but can give out a list of senior members booked in that weekend.
- There is a limit of three children per adult, including the adult’s own child or children, except school group bookings.
- All non-member guests must be accompanied by a member who booked them in. That member is responsible for them in the lodge.
- A sleeping bag, pillowslip and towel are essential for all Lodges.
- Anyone arriving at the lodge without a booking must first contact the booking officer to check on the availability of bunks and shall provide immediate payment by Internet banking. Trip leaders are not authorised to accept cash payment.
- In the interests of safety and economy Iwikau and Tukino lodges require a minimum of 2 members to be present for the lodge to open.
- Please keep your room tidy and vacuum it on your day of departure.
- Do not waste water as we are on tank supply.
Transport to the Tukino lodge will be advised by the Tukino booking officer.
Trip leader's decision is final.
- All members are allocated duties to do while in staying in the lodge eg: dishes, cooking and food preparation, and cleaning. These duties need to be done for the lodge to run smoothly.
- No smoking in all lodges, at all times, you may smoke outside the lodges but please dispose of your butts responsibly.
- No noise in the bunkrooms after 10:00pm.
- Please advise trip leader if you are leaving the lodge.
At night pack a grab bag for emergency exit. We have had a fire before and nearly lost the Iwikau lodge. Include...
- Car keys (in jacket pocket)
- Beside your bed: Waterproof tramping or walking boots
- No skis or ski boots beyond the wet entry
- Do not leave the heaters on in the bunkrooms